· Maintain a legal function that supports its overall business strategy.
· Oversee all legal activities for business which includes but not limit to:
- Plan and prioritize legal works to ensure smooth operation support and ensure of results delivery on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain legal policies, procedures, and systems regularly to ensure efficiencies and adequate control are in place.
- Regularly review and update standard agreements to serve business changes/demands.
- Preparing on Lease, Service and Common Area Service agreement for anchors, mini anchors and tenants including participate in agreement negotiation where required.
- Liaise with Leasing team and other relevant team on correspondence with on agreement related issues, for example; agreement renewal notice, permission letter of leasable area usage, termination notice, debt collection notice and etc.
- Handling on all company agreements/contracts with third parties, for example; landlords, banks, suppliers, vendors, outsource services, authorities and etc.
· Handling on all company disputes and litigation cases where required.
· Dealings with local authorities on property tax and signage tax where required.
· Ensure an effective legal control environment within developing and implementing compliance checklists to ensure that complies with its legal obligations.
· Preparing on Legal management report and provide management recommendation where required.
· Establish and maintain good atmosphere and relations within the Legal team, as well as relate well to people at all levels and different departments.